Massage therapy is a form of alternative medicine that involves the physical manipulation of the muscles to relieve tension and stress. This specialized treatment is often used as part of physical therapy regimes and is also effective in relieving and preventing several other serious medical conditions. Massage therapy has been used to treat arthritis, depression, diabetes, exhaustion, headaches, high blood pressure, infertility, lower back pain, poor circulation and tendonitis.
massage in Badung therapy is a safe and effective treatment when practiced by a well-trained therapist. Massage therapists work in a number of settings including offices, hospitals, clinics, fitness centers, nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities. Massage therapists may also make house calls. A massage session may last anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on a number of factors like the type of massage and the reasons for seeking this type of therapy.
There are a number of different kinds of massages. Some of the most common are aromatherapy, deep tissue, Shiatsu, sports, Swedish, Thai, and trigger point or pressure point massage:
– An aromatherapy massage involves the use of plant-based oils with varying properties. Some essential oils help to reduce pain while others affect one’s mood. Eucalyptus, for example, may be applied to help relieve pain or treat arthritis since it has sedative and anti-inflammatory properties, and helps improve circulation.
– Deep tissue massages involve the application of relatively strong pressure in order to help relieve tense muscles. These massages are particularly useful for relieving tension in the muscles, ligaments and tendons. They can be used to treat chronic pain and improve mobility.
– Shiatsu massage is based on the Japanese tradition of regulating the flow of qi, or vital energy. Shiatsu typically involves both the diagnosis of a health condition and its treatment by applying pressure with the hands. Pressure is applied to particular parts of the body to correct the discordances identified by the therapist.
– Sports massages can be integrated into physical therapy treatment to help with recovery from sports related injuries. These massages can also be used to improve performance and relieve tension in a specific part of the body like the neck or back.
– Swedish massages are perhaps the best known. They involve the use of kneading and relatively long strokes that span the length of the muscles. Swedish massages often involve the use of oils or powders that help to eliminate friction.
– Thai massage incorporates deep tissue massage and stretching techniques.
– Trigger point massage focuses on sore muscles and can be used to relieve tension and pain.
Selecting the correct type of massage depends on a number of factors including the condition to be treated and your personal preferences. A good starting point is to consult with your doctor to make sure you are a good candidate for massage therapy. It’s well worth it to do some research in order to find a well-trained massage therapist you feel comfortable with. Many therapists are trained to perform a variety of massages so you can work with your therapist to find the massage that best suits your needs.